December

Here it is. December. A month of creaking snow, colourful lights and Santa Claus waiting for us at every corner. Well, from those three things this year we are left only with the second one. Snow in the most of Poland has already become quite rare phenomenon. About Santa... I guess it’s because he had to replace a beard for a mask.

I really like December. It’s usually a nice relief after rainy and grey November. Although days are shorter and we have our lamps turned on more often than turned off, December starts with this feeling of incoming Christmas time. It’s a month when you can officially start playing Christmas songs and it probably won’t be considered too early. People start decorating their houses, they put enormous Christmas trees in front of the shopping galleries or at Old Market Squares and everything just feels differently.

I have turned 23 this year and when Christmas is coming, my inner child wakes up every year. I hear all the time adults saying that Christmas is not the same or that the “magic of Christmas” is gone. I would say that everything depends from the person, of course. When you’re a child, everything is different. You don’t have to worry about anything, the only thing you’re expecting are cool presents under a Christmas tree. Therefore, I can understand adults saying that they have enough of Christmas like this. But personally, even though I can tell Christmas is different, I am still able to enjoy it very much. I think I even actually enjoy it more now as an adult because I am more aware of the whole event and I’m also participating in the process – I go shopping, make food, decorate the house, help other people, bring a Christmas tree, create the whole atmosphere and fully emerge in the Christmas spirit. Having said that, I can’t wait for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holism in a nutshell

Adventure time

Post-Christmas