Getaway weekend

 

I really like travelling to different places, not only abroad but also inside Poland, even especially inside Poland because I think we often tend to elevate different places from the whole world and underestimate what we have in our own country (which, of course, doesn’t mean that “abroad” is equivalent to “bad”). I had hopes that 2020 was going to be a year in which I would finally visit some of my dreamy destinations. Unfortunately, as we all know, this year has put paid to plans of many people, including mine. However, despite increasing numbers of new cases of COVID-19 in Poland, I managed to make a little trip to the Karkonosze mountains, and most exactly to Szklarska Poręba. 

It’s a small, picturesque town near the Czech border. It was my first time there and I had to say I fell in love with this town for its atmosphere and beautiful views and landscapes, monumental mountains, big rocks of different shapes, colourful trees, little streams and nice food. I went there in October, therefore there weren’t as many tourists as during the summertime, what only acted in favour. The weather was rather cold, but it was quite sunny. It was all worth it though.

During the trip I managed to come up to Szrenica, one of the Karkonosze’s peaks, and see Śnieżne Kotły which are two glacial cirques situated at the bottom of the mountain. They looked really incredible. Other than that, I visited the Czoch castle, ate delicious meals in the restaurants, took long walks through the city and spent amazing time with my friends. I can’t wait to go back there.










the Czoch castle

the view from my apartment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holism in a nutshell

Adventure time

Post-Christmas