Post-Christmas

As I’m writing this post, my stomach is full of pierogi and herrings and the blood in my veins has transformed into the red borsch and my grandma’s sweet apricot liqueur (low-alcohol, don’t worry). Of course food is not the most important thing now, but since it’s Christmas, why not indulge ourselves with the feasts full of gorgeous meals, delicious sweets and high class beverages worth Greek gods.

Well, Christmas is already over and I hope everyone spent them the way they like the most, with family or by themselves, with tons of homemade food or pierogi bought in the supermarket, with presents under the Christmas tree or watching “Home Alone” for the hundredth time. Personally, it has been another very nice Christmas for me, spent with my family and friends who are dear to us, as Frank Sinatra sang. Despite the whole situation with the coronavirus, I managed to spend this Christmas with my parents and visit my grandparents. It felt like it was some sort of wind of normality – we were able to finally see each other and spend some time together. Of course it was different and it was inevitable not to feel this strange atmosphere in the air, amassing all the fear and doubts, but even with keeping all restrictions and being extremely careful, it was possible for us  to spend this wonderful and magical time as we used to before. Well, I must admit it wasn’t that perfect – it turned out unavoidable not to talk about politics and the absolute number one topic right now – vaccines. I’ve seen this meme recently which said that “the Christmas dinner is the moment when the whole family reminds you why you spend the rest of the year separately” and I’m pretty sure it’s a case of many people, too many probably. I must say it’s also mine, but I always try to look at the positive sides and as soon as the topic of the Polish government emerges, there’s no other way but to cut it off and start talking about the weather again (by the way, no white Christmas again).   

We have to wait another year again (well, at least I can’t wait for the next one), but all good things come to an end (unfortunately). I hope, again, that everyone had a good time or at least a tolerable time (I’m thinking now about my aunt who can’t stand a day in her house without going out, especially during Christmas, and has a quarantine now – such a terrible combination for her) and is satisfied with their Christmas. For those who aren’t – well, at least it’s over!

I wanted to end this post saying “Merry Christmas” but since it’s too late (that’s my fault, but the whole pre-Christmas fever didn’t allow me to write anything before the holidays), maybe I’ll just say: “Have a happy post-Christmas rest!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holism in a nutshell

Adventure time