New Year!

2020 is over. This horrible year, a year of disasters, calamities, hated by everyone, came to an end (finally, one would like to say). While it is doubtless that this past year experienced us all and put us in times that we would rather forget about, it is rather obvious that a change of number is only a change of number and we will still have to experience failures, bad things and disappointments, just as we did before. Despite that, it comes as no surprise people are starting this year with willingness to live and big hopes for changes.

When I look back at 2020, I can’t say it was a bad year for me, although it was mostly a year of the pandemic. I have already written about it in one of the earlier posts. As for 2021, I must admit I have no expectations because the past year showed us that we really can’t be sure of anything. There are a few things that, I hope, will happen, but if 2020 taught me something, it is that I really shouldn’t take everything for granted. I don’t consider New Year’s resolutions a bad concept though. If they help someone change their lives, reach their goals and make their dreams come true, they will do for sure. I have never managed to fulfil my New Year’s resolutions unfortunately but I guess I am the one to blame here. That’s the main reason I don’t really do them anymore; the other one is a sense of a failure if I don’t accomplish some of them. Now there are only some things I’m thinking of and, as I said, I hope to do them and make them come true but I wouldn’t consider them New Year’s resolutions (well, especially after last year which put paid to the vast majority of my plans). Now we can only pray that this time is going to be different for everyone.

Since we’re starting the new year, I want to recommend you a movie I saw a day before New Year’s Eve (would that be called New Year’s Eve’s Eve?) called Death to 2020. It is a funny summary of the past year made with a grain of salt, reviewing all of its big events, disappointments and disasters. Although it’s not the best movie (I think it was highly Americanised which probably shouldn’t be surprising because it’s an American production, but still, it could significantly broaden its interest to many other countries as well), I think it’s a good way to look at the past year and start a new one with new hope and good perspectives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holism in a nutshell

Adventure time

Post-Christmas